Shell Lake Arts Center Employment Postings
The Executive Director will have the responsibility for implementing and enhancing the organization’s strategic goals, fund-raising initiatives, staff leadership, facility management, and program operations. The individual will be bold and creative in enhancing the Shell Lake Arts Center’s position as a vibrant community arts center and a leading regional education center for the performing and visual arts.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- A personable and inclusive management style that optimizes the staff and resources through leadership and delegation.
- Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions.
- Experience researching market trends to identify valuable adjustments in programming
- Success at fund development, including foundation and corporate grants, and ability to identify, steward, and solicit donations.
- Excels in project management and has a solid track record of seeing projects through to successful completion.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in any of the following: arts; arts management; business; administration; communication; or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- A strategic thinker with an innovative style and a willingness to try new strategies.
- Ability to work with a diverse Board of Directors, community groups, and individual artists.
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration, and personnel management skills are essential.
Interested candidates should send a resume and professional references to Pete Hopke, SLAC Personnel Committee, via email at email@example.com or mail to the Shell Lake Art Center by Oct 17, 2021.
Shell Lake Arts Center
c/o Personnel Committee
PO Box 315
Shell Lake, Wisconsin 54871
Participants are admitted without regard to race, color, national origin, age, or handicap.
Shell Lake Arts Center is an inclusive organization, and we accept all artists and musicians.